Monday, April 20, 2015

Infinite Sea Review

Infinite Sea by Rick Yancey


Title: Infinite Sea
Author: Rick Yancey
Series: The Fifth Wave #2
Publisher: G.P. Putnam’s Sons
Publication Date: September 16, 2014
Genre: Science Fiction; Fiction; Romance; Adventure; Young Adult
Pages: 300
Format: Hardcover
How do you rid the Earth of seven billion humans? Rid the humans of their humanity.

Surviving the first four waves was nearly impossible. Now Cassie Sullivan finds herself in a new world, a world in which the fundamental trust that binds us together is gone. As the 5th Wave rolls across the landscape, Cassie, Ben, and Ringer are forced to confront the Others’ ultimate goal: the extermination of the human race.

Cassie and her friends haven’t seen the depths to which the Others will sink, nor have the Others seen the heights to which humanity will rise, in the ultimate battle between life and death, hope and despair, love and hate.



I am so glad I finally got my hands on this glorious, magnificent novel! I honestly forgot how amazing this series was, but now, I am fully aware of the splendor of Yancy’s genius…and I am going to continue to be aware of it for 5 more long awful months. Oh goody.

Cassie, Ben, Ringer, Evan, and everyone else are still on the arduous and eventful adventure in which they try to defeat the infamous and tyrannical Others. Cassie Sullivan, pulled into the underground rebellion against the Others by trying to save her little brother Sammy, now finds herself fighting for something bigger than herself and her family. Ben, once a reputable child soldier, now fights against the very people he once fought for, alongside his closest friends and troops. Of course, the Others are pulling even more dangerous and complex combative techniques in attempt to quell the small group of stubborn and persistent teenagers that are wreaking havoc on their delicately planned hijacking of the world. The 5th wave was only the beginning.

Oh my god. How exactly did I survive the limbo between when I read the first book and the release of the second? Did I just black out? I must have because I have no idea how I stood for that miserable time, and I definitely don’t know how I’ll survive this one. And what’s worse? There’s a movie coming out! A movie. Coming out. Next year. Ohmygod. 

The 5th wave instigated intense instability of my emotional state, but this book? Oh, this book literally crushed all my remaining sanity and any grip on reality that I had. You read the first book of this series, and you think, Woah, that was some serious stuff, but then you read Infinite Sea, and you’re like, OHMYGOD WTF DID I JUST READ?! *throws book across the room* Yeah. You’ve been warned.

Curse you Rick Yancy! Is it too much to ask for a little bit of closure? Just a little? I’m not even asking for much, just a teensy tinny happy ending. Just like, convince me Cassie and Evan are a safe, and I’ll be good. Kind of. Okay, maybe not good, just not screaming from the desperation I harbor as I wait for your third and final(?) book.

I…I just…I really–I loved this book. The characters, the plot, the setting, the dialogue, the pages it was written on, everything. I’ve just, you know, lost all handle I had on my emotions, but that’s okay, right? I think I’ll recover from this series. Maybe. Hopefully.












September 8, 2015



No comments:

Post a Comment