Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Confessions #1: Books I Haven't Read But Probably Should Have





This is my first confession but it definitely won't be my last. I pride myself on being a book aficionado, but sometimes I slip. My first confession includes books I really should've read a long time ago but just never seemed to get to. Are you ready? It's pretty horrifying. 

Looking for Alaska by John Green 



It's one of the most popular John Green books, and I haven't read it! I am so ashamed. Every time I see it mentioned in a review or something, the only thing I hear in my head is you haven't read that, you haven't read that, you haven't read that in an annoying little gnome voice over and over and over again. It's been on my to-read list for years, and yet, I have never picked it up. My excuse it is that it's always checked out. Yeah, I'll go with that. My laziness/ procrastination is not a factor at all. 

And it's a Printz winner. That just makes it so much worse. 


Twilight (all of them)


This one I honestly don't feel so bad about this one. I just had to put it on here because at least most of the haters have at least read the series. I haven't touched one. Not a single one of them. I was on a Twilight hiatus ever since I figured about what they were about. I mean come on, who wants to read about a weak female character and the exact definition of an unhealthy relationship. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I'm not so big on the vampire front.  

Vampire Academy (all of them)


Again, with the vampires. I mean, it's a little better than the Twilight series but still. It's just...icky. I have such a prejudice against the paranormal. Only the fewest of exceptions exist in my supernatural boycott. 


Daughter of Smoke & Bone (all of them)


I don't even know what this series is about. All I think when I see this cover is, "Oh, pretty feathers." Maybe I should give it a try? It doesn't have vampires does it?

A Series of Unfortunate Events (all of them)
78411

I really do feel bad about this one. I feel like it should've been something I read a long time ago, but I didn't. I mean Lemony Snicket is legend. How can I claim to love books when I haven't even read THE Lemony Snicket?

That was a really rough shaming. Maybe I'll actually read some of these this summer. Definitely. Probably. Maybe. Hopefully. We'll see. 



No comments:

Post a Comment